Published: 07 April 2017

 How can I apply to get home security equipment fitted under the Safe and Sound Grant scheme? The East Riding of Yorkshire Council provide grants to some people from the Safe and Sound Grant Fund to help them stay safe in their own home. In order to receive a grant, applicants must be: ◾aged over 60 or disabled ◾a homeowner or private sector tenant / Housing Association tenant. In addition everyone living in the property must not have a bank balance, when added together, of over £5,000 and an application to the fund must not have been made by the applicant in the last two years. If you wish to apply to the fund please paste the following link into your browser for further information and application form(s):-

If you live in a rented property you must also get your landlord to complete a landlord consent form. Completed forms need to be returned to or to Safe Communities Team, East Riding of Yorkshire Council, County Hall, Cross Street, Beverley East Riding of Yorkshire HU17 9BA or hand it in to a Customer Service Centre.